Grace Period Registration & Voting
Grace Period allows an extension of the period of time an individual has to register to vote or change their address. Grace Period begins Thursday, February 22, 2018 and runs through 7:00pm on Election Day, Sunday, March 20, 2016.
During Grace Period, an individual may register to vote or submit a change of address in-person and vote directly thereafter, at any of our Early Voting locations or at their Election Day polling place.
An individual that registers and votes during this specific time, may not cast a ballot at an Early Voting Center or polling place on Election Day. Once a voter casts a Grace Period ballot, the vote cast is final and may not be revoked.
- U.S. Citizen
- At least 18 years of age by Election Day
- A resident of their precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day
Two forms of identification are needed when registering to vote. One of those forms of identification must show your current residence address. Please choose a combination of TWO of the below listed documents that verifies your identity/current name and current residence.
Verify Your Identity/Name (Choose one of these forms of identification)
- Current Illinois State Drivers License
- Current Illinois State ID Card
- Social Security Card
- C-U MTD Bus Pass
- Current Firearm Owner's Identification Card (FOID)
- A Photo ID Issued by a College or University
- Current Passport
Verify Your Current Residence (Choose one of these forms to accompany the above identification)
- Current Bank Statement
- Current Utility Bill
- Government Check or Other Government Document (Must show voter's name and current address)
- Postmarked Mail (Recently delivered to the voter's residence)
- Current Pay Check (Must contain voter's name and current address)
- Current Lease or Move-In Notice
- Personal Check with Imprinted Name and Current Address
- Vehicle Registration with Name and Current Address
- Rental Receipt with Name and Current Address