Deputy Registrar Information
To extend opportunities for Voter Registration in Champaign County.
The Champaign County Clerk, Deputy County Clerks or persons designated by them.
- Must be a registered voter in Champaign County.
- Must be able to print legibly.
- Must be able to deal courteously with all kinds of people.
- Deputy Registrars must be able to follow instructions in a dependable and conscientious manner.
Precinct Committeemen are automatically appointed as deputy registrars and therefore are encouraged to take the online training or attend a class.
While on duty, reference to particular parties, officeholders, candidates, and/or questions of public policy or referenda appearing on the ballot is inappropriate. Abuse of this policy will lead to dismissal from the program. Deputy Registrar must not accept payment for their services. Candidates running for public office cannot participate in the Deputy Registrar program.
Guidelines for Deputy Registrar Classes In Person:
- If a training class is scheduled, all applications must be turned in to the County Clerk before class date.
- Meetings will begin promptly at time scheduled. If you are late in attending the class, you will be asked to leave and return for a later scheduled class.
- If you are scheduled to attend a class, and for some reason cannot make it at that time or date, please notify the County Clerk’s Office.
- You must be able to follow instructions in the manual and the procedures taught to you at the class. If you are unable to follow instructions, you will be dismissed from the program.
- Classes are held in the afternoon and early evening hours. Please specify on the application which time would be better for you.
- Training classes are about an hour long.
To find out more information about becoming a Deputy Registrar you may call our office at (217)384-3724 or email us at email@example.com